78 Kms. South of La Crete, East on Hwy 697
North shore on the banks of the Peace River
Buffalo Head Prairie, AB
OPEN for the 2022 Camping Season!
The turn off to the camp is at Tompkins Landing where La Crete Ferry crosses the Peace River. Formerly a logging site which has been transformed into a wonderful campground escape. The view is enjoyable along the Peace River, a great getaway for family & friends with knack-zoat and schpitzeren by the campfire. Enjoy a day boating on the water, or just The campground is operated by the La Crete Ferry Campground Society under a lease with Mackenzie County. The campground has seen many improvements in recent years and anticipates many more. Seasonal caretaker on site. Cash only.
- Day Use Area
- 78 Campsites (25 Powered)
- 3 Group-Reserved Sites
- Water Available
- Sanitary Dump
- Space for Large RVs
- Firewood & Fire Pits are Available
- Outhouse (No Running Water)
- Limited Cell Reception - No Wi-fi
- Walking trails
- Volleyball & Horseshoe Pits
- Boat Launch
- Day Use (Per Vehicle): $10.00
- Overnight (Serviced): $30.00
- Overnight (Non-Serviced): $26.00
- Group Rate (Maximum 10 Units): $200.00
- Shelter Rental: $250.00
- Seasonal Site (May 1 – Sep. 30): $750.00
ALSO AVAILABLE IN LA CRETE:
- Golfing - La Crete Golf Course & Clubhouse
- Laundromat - Suds R' Us Laundromat
- DINING: - The Pizza Place - Homestyle Bakery & Lunch Counter - Dining Delight - The Espresso House - Canadian BBQ & Grill - Subway - KFC - La Crete Co-op Deli
GROCERY STORES: La Crete Co-op & Super J Foods
*So much more in La Crete so take the short drive to our community!
The Buffalo Head Prairie Co-op or Country Variety can also keep you supplied with much of what you need to enjoy your camping experience!